This season Brocade is in, a fabric typical of the Baroque. It is a pattern made with thread that simulates gold or precious metals. It was typical of the royal courts of the 18th century and today firms such as Dolce & Gabbana recover it.
Now brocade comes out of haute couture and makes its way to reach all pockets. Change the gold thread for a multitude of colors, red, blue, white, etc. We can find brocades in Zara, H&M, Mango.
Undoubtedly one of the trends of the season that you have to know how to combine. Some celebrities like Kristen Stewart, Selena Gomez or Taylor Swift teach us how to wear brocade.
Keys to show off the brocade
- Brocade is used for both garments and accessories. You can use it for a look to go to work, for a romantic dinner or to wear it in a gala dress. The only rule to keep in mind is that you have to be careful when combining it because if you go too far you can fall into a look that is too overloaded.
- Kristen Stewart wore for the 25th Annual Kid’s Choice, a blue semi-short dress with long sleeves in brocade by Stella Mc Cartney. Mango did not take long to keep the bet of the protagonist of the Twilight Saga and soon released the low cost model. The dress is ideal if you have to attend a daytime event. The actress wore it with a high ponytail, without jewelry and with smoky eyes.
- Selena Gomez is also joining the brocade trend and for the 2012 Golden Globes after-party she opted for a gold brocade mini-dress with a sweetheart neckline from Versace Atelier. Zara and Blanco did not take long to take out the replica of the singer’s model. The gold dress is perfect for a romantic dinner, to go out with your friends or for an evening event. Combine it with stilettos, with your hair down and with makeup in nude tones to achieve an elegant and fashionable look.
- For the 2012 American Music Awards, singer Taylor Swift wore a stunning two-piece period gown for a performance of her song “I Knew You Are in Trouble.” A gold brocade and burgundy velvet corset and a black tulle skirt. The singer ‘s model was reminiscent of the Dolce & Gabanna shows. With her hair down and wearing natural makeup, the actress looked like an 18th-century courtesan.
- The brocade trend is booming this spring 2013. You can wear it in gala dresses, in bags and accessories or in shoes. Celebrities have taken over this trend that you can find in Suiteblanco, Zara or Mango. Haute couture within the reach of all pockets.