The sailor look was born in the 1920s with a young Coco Chanel on vacation in Deauville. The young designer observed the style of the captains of the high seas and thought that it would be a great idea to create the navy look for women.
There were many icons that followed Chanel, Brigitte Bardot, Audrey Hepburn showed off the sailor style. The trend arrives until this summer with force to invade the wardrobe funds.
The celebrities get on the boat
- The navy color palette and its different patterns invade this spring-summer 2013 season, dresses, accessories and even bikinis. A style suitable for a day look, to go to work or even to dress up to go on a trip.
- There are many celebrities who join the navy fashion. But before reviewing her looks, we want to mention Brigitte Bardot in the 50s and 60s. In the film “Contempt” the diva raised the navy look with a blue turban collecting her spectacular long hair from her, a sailor-style shirt, fishing pants and ballerinas. The French icon accompanied her look with a nude lip and her eyes made up with a fine line of kohl.
- To date, there are many who continue the navy school started by Coco Chanel. Patricia Conde gives us an idea of how to dress for a trip. The presenter of ‘I know what you did’ wears beige shorts, a sailor’s shirt, a habanero hat and sunglasses. A casual look for the presenter’s long waits at the airport with her husband Carlos Segui.
- Jessica Alba reinvents the navy look for her day to day. The ‘Fantastic Four’ actress combines an oversized sweater with sailor colors, with jeans and a floral print scarf, another of the trends for this spring-summer 2013.
- The singer Taylor Swift is also one of the faithful followers of the sailor look. Harry Styles’ girlfriend wears a navy blue dress with a navy print, a brown old school style bag and black leggings. The singer, one of the most elegant of these 2013 Grammys, combines the sailor look with lipstick and a low ponytail with straight bangs.
- This summer the sailor style will invade garments and bikinis. Get your navy garment and adapt it to your style of dress, look at how celebrities like Sara Carbonero, Paula Echevarria or Kate Moss combine it. A perfect look to go to work, travel or to the beach.