Every season, fashion trends offer us a look back, reinventing the garments of past decades. Retro fashion enters our closet with force with garments that evoke the 50s and 60s backed by the popularity of series like Mad Men. And this season, the highlight is the 70s, with impossible prints and bell-bottoms in the purest Mick Jagger style. But be careful, since we don’t want you to look like a late-night hippy fresh from a Woodstock festival, we give you the keys to bring the seventies trend to the latest.
The 70s are back
- The 70s is synonymous with revolution, rebellion, freedom and, above all, creativity, and that is also reflected in the retro garments that we are going to wear this season. A must for this winter will be your fur coat that will round off any look you choose. Floral blouses are not only for summer, dare with this print to give color to a gray winter.
- But if there is a pattern that is triumphant this season and that comes directly from the 70s, it is the wallpaper pattern, evoking Cuéntame type wall papers, to give you an idea. It is a complicated print because it is very striking and, sometimes, difficult to combine. That is why we recommend that you use this kaleidoscopic print only on one garment, or blouse or jacket, and that the rest of your look be made up of basic and timeless garments.
- Play with the different trends and wear your dress with a geometric print along with your leather jacket and those studded ankle boots that you shouldn’t take off this winter. And complete your outfit with a hippy semi-collected that will hold up even on the rainiest days.
Not without my bell bottoms
- One of the most characteristic garments of the 70s are bell-bottoms, especially in jeans. And we love that they are back in fashion, because they stylize and lengthen the figure like no other pants can do. In addition, you can combine your flared jeans with any style, playing with the retro, with the romantic style, or with a more rock look. What you should not miss in a seventies-inspired look with flared jeans are your platform shoes with wide heels.
- Elephant leg pants are another must for the 70s retro style. More difficult to combine than flared jeans, these wide-leg pants that you find in the most varied fabrics can add a plus of elegance and sophistication to your seventies look. Wear them with a smooth satin blouse and heels to any party and you will see how you succeed.
- Do not forget to complete your retro style with the right accessories. Hats, so fashionable this winter, are a good option against the cold and allow you to wear your hair loose, typically from the seventies. And to put the final touch on your look you need a natural makeup highlighting your eyes with a black khol pencil.