The first communion is one of the most important days in a girl’s life. Some wedding dress firms such as Rosa Clará or Hannibal Laguna have noticed and offer us collections so that the little ones in the house can show off their marvelous party designs on their most special day.
Here we have collected some proposals for you to take note of the trends that are being seen in the main firms for these communions of 2013.
Long communion dresses: from lady to hippie
- This year the universe of stories opens to communions. We will see from sweet princesses, through forest nymphs and some hippie proposals that have slipped in thanks to the Rubio Kids designs. The long dresses, although the communion minidress is making its way and there is only one point in common, the high cut of the skirts that start at the waist. A very typical size from the 60s, we saw it in mythical movies like ‘Grease’.
- Francis Montesinos presents for these communions of 2013, very traditional cut dresses. His brocaded fabrics and sashes with floral decorations surprise us. A very ladylike style, with short balloon sleeves and full-length skirts, respecting the traditional style of the communion dress and in keeping with the fairytale princess look we talked about earlier.
- In Hannibal Laguna we find models very similar to those of Montesinos and with that traditional air, nothing to do with his collections of women’s party dresses. We are left with a model in an ecru tone, with a pleated flared skirt and a sash, also with a floral motif. For the upper part, baby neck, a trend that we see in women’s fashion and short sleeves without being balloon-shaped. A model very similar to that of Cinderella at her ball with the prince before midnight.
- The most groundbreaking proposal comes from the firm Rubio Kids. The communion girl turns to boho chic and wears a white dress without a flared skirt, boat neckline and short sleeves. The details of the look are what make the difference, the Rubio Kids communion dress is accompanied by a nude wool vest, a flower at the waist and a floral tiara, in the purest nymph style, adorning the head of the little girl. To complete the hippie communion model, the firm proposes a long necklace with a wooden cross. The look has the rebelliousness and freshness of fairy tales.
- Finally, we have fallen in love with the First communion collection by Rosa Clará. We have selected a semi-long model, in white brocade fabric. The model wears a pink bow at the waist. The communion dress proposed by the bridal firm has a crew neck and is sleeveless. A proposal very close to the fashion of the 60s and undoubtedly a commitment to simplicity and natural beauty, for princesses of the 21st century.