The Satchel bag is a perfect bag for the daily routine. Julie Deane created it, inspired by the children’s school backpacks. Its size makes it perfect for carrying your keys, makeup, diary… without looking like a travel suitcase.
A bag that was born as a project by a mother to help her daughter against a case of bullying, achieved viral success thanks to the internet. It reached the mouths of the most influential it girls like Alexa Chung and became a big business. Today the Cambridge bag is in all department stores and its success has been echoed by low cost brands that have immediately launched cousins and even twin brothers of the famous Cambridge bag.
Paula Echevarría chooses the Satchel bag
- Since we met her as David Bustamante’s girlfriend, Paula Echevarría has given us many style classes when it comes to choosing what to wear. We look at her choices to set the trends and looks for this spring-summer 2013.
- David Bustamante’s wife chooses the Satchel bag for her day-to-day life. The it girl combines it with jean shorts, a black t-shirt and a kimono-cut cardigan with a floral print. Paula Echevarría chooses in this appearance the Satchel in fluor orange. The bag gives Paula’s look an acid touch, very appropriate for summer days.
- In Paula Echevarría’s blog, the it girl opts for other models of the Cambridge bag, specifically we know that Paula has the model in gold and dark blue. The gold Satchel bag serves as a day bag and also a night bag, ideal for those women who hate small bags for night events.
Satchel bags at a good price
- We have chosen a series of bags that are undoubtedly very similar to the original Satchel chosen by Paula Echevarría. The main difference is undoubtedly the price, while the original Cambridge bag is priced at 120 euros, these models range from 9 to 50 euros.
- The first two bags are Satchels that we found at the H&M store. We have something for all tastes, from brown to those more vintage and classic s and the fluorine model, an authentic clone of the original Satchel. The fluorescent pink model is ideal for spring and summer looks. The Mustang firm also has a model in pink, although not as identical to the Cambridge bag as the H&M model.
- We found in Primark the double of the Satchel that Paula Echevarría presents us in her blog. The gold bag is very appropriate for evening events and also to give a shine to a sophisticated daytime look. You can use it like the bloggers with an informal look to go to a hipster dinner or to attend an event and give a chic touch to your model as the it girl Olivia Palermo does in her different appearances in fashion shows and galas.
- Finally, two variants of the bag, the first from the Asos brand, which presents us with the Satchel bag in leopard print and leather. It is an ideal combination for a day bag in spring. You can combine it with a total black look and give a note of color to your model or with jeans and a shirt for a Sunday walk in the city. Bimba y Lola has also created her school backpack-type bag, she does it in red and in leather. An ideal model to combine with a lip rouge and give a sexy note to your wardrobe, it could be worn by rouge addicts like Miranda Kerr.