To know how to dress to go to a wedding in summer you must be clear about all the information and you will be completely right. The first thing you should take into account is whether the wedding is held indoors or outdoors and, in the latter case, the place where it is held, since it is not the same in a garden as it is on the beach. Another important factor to take into account is the time of the link. As you already know, for morning weddings the ideal is a short dress or skirt and for evenings, a long one.
And the third thing that you must be clear about is if there is a specific protocol or theme. All this information is usually clearly detailed in the invitation, but if you still don’t have it and you already want to start thinking about the outfit, feel free to ask the couple or someone close. Record these tricks and you will be perfect!
Tips for attending a summer wedding
The main problem that you can find when choosing the outfit for a summer wedding is the heat, something that can be very uncomfortable and even ruin any look. For this reason, there are certain recommendations that you should take into account because, even if the wedding is held indoors and there is air conditioning or it is a cool place, surely until you reach the venue, you will have to go outside at some point.
- We already know that the worst thing that can happen to you at a wedding is that your shoes rub against you, and if it’s hot the chances of this happening increase. Even if you have tamed shoes, they can rub against you since the foot sweats, and it is the easiest for you to end up with some blisters and chafing. If you are wearing sandals for the first time, try putting them on a few days before to tame them a little. But if you don’t wear them, try to choose ones that are comfortable.
- If the wedding is on the beach or somewhere like a rural farm, we recommend that you use wedges, either dress or hemp. You should choose them according to your look because a formal is not the same as a casual one. This way you will prevent your heels from digging into the sand or grass, and you will not experience uncomfortable situations. A trick: always put an antifriction and some bandages in your bag just in case.
Hat, headdress or collected
- If it is a wedding in the morning you can wear a hat, even more so if it is outdoors. It will be very useful to protect yourself from the sun’s rays and that makeup does not play a trick on you. Also, if it matches your look, you’ll be great.
- Although if you prefer not to opt for a hat or a headdress, use updos and casual hairstyles. Braids, undone semi-loops or Californian waves are the best option for summer wedding looks as they are much more relaxed. Forget about hairspray and polished updos!
- At summer weddings, everything should be much more relaxed, including the makeup you wear. Use soft tones, pastel colors and light beige to give light to your eyes. Try not to load your face too much with a very heavy foundation.
- It is preferable that you use a light one and then highlight the protruding areas of the face a little with sun powder, which is much less heavy than liquid makeup. The highlighter will be your greatest ally to freshen up your face at summer weddings.
Do not saturate your look with accessories
As we said, at summer weddings everything has to be more relaxed and the accessories were not going to be less. Forget about bracelets and necklaces, because they will make you very hot and make you sweat. Put on some long and beautiful earrings as the only piece of jewelry and, if anything, a ring. The finer and more subtle the better.
Fabrics and colors
- The recommendation in terms of fabrics is that you opt for those that are fresher and with movement, such as chiffon, tulle or silk. Forget completely about rigid fabrics and dresses that are too tight as they will make you very hot.
- As for the colors, the most appetizing tones are the most cheerful. Pastel or light colors will be your best allies, but that does not mean that you cannot wear a black dress for an evening wedding if the fabric is not too rigid. The only color that you should avoid is white, in the case of not wearing any pattern, so as not to rob the bride of prominence.
7 ideal looks for a summer wedding
- Long or midi chiffon dress
As we have said, the ideal for a summer wedding is a dress that has movement and the fabric that has the most movement and is the lightest is chiffon. The best options are the most romantic, such as long or midi dresses, in powdery pink or water green tones, or floral prints, with chiffon overlays. All of them will give you a romantic and elegant touch.
Combine it with gold or silver sandals and with a bag in an original way. Or with one of the colors that prevails in the dress, especially if it has a striking pattern. You will be perfect!
- Dotted and transparencies
Another very elegant option is to choose a long, midi or short dress made of plumeti fabric. It is a very versatile and sexy option, since normally these dresses leave certain areas unlined and show some areas of the body through the fabric in an elegant and subtle way. Normally the plumeti usually comes in plain dresses or blouses because with this relief of the fabric you don’t need anything else.
- Back to the air
There is nothing more sensual than a bare back, totally uncovered or with the straps of the dress or top crossed over it. Of course, it is an option only suitable for good weather with which you will be very cool.
Opt for long earrings as the only accessory or you can also wear small ones attached to the lobe and add a long and thin pendant chain to the back, in the event that the back is completely exposed. Add some strappy sandals and you will be spectacular.
- Two pieces
Of course you don’t have to go with a dress, you can also use two pieces both in the form of pants and skirt. For the pants we recommend a palazzo in a fabric with a lot of drape and in a pastel color. Combine it with high sandals and an original glued body, both for the fabric and for the design.
Of course, the top must be very tight to the body since the palazzo pants are too wide. The best thing is that you form a balance with the forms. If you dare, you can try a crop top but, yes, only if the pants are very high waisted.
- All red
One of the colors that never clashes, whatever the season, is red. If you have a red tube dress in your closet, depending on the accessories you add, it can work for both summer weddings and winter weddings. Wear it with pale pink metallic sandals and add a clutch. You will not need anything else to be perfect.
- An original top
If you have an original blouse or top, sleeveless or strapless, don’t hesitate and use it. You can combine it with a pencil skirt or a long skirt, or with palazzo pants, why not? Combine it with a coral-colored top, with original ruffles and a lace pencil skirt. You will succeed with your look.
But if, on the other hand, you have a skirt or pants that you love in your dressing room, all you have to do is look for a cool top that matches the tones. Do not forget that flowing fabric blouses will be your best option in these cases.
- Tulle dress or skirt
The Carrie Bradshaw look in ‘Sex and the City’ always works. Get a tulle dress because it is a cool and very elegant fabric and there are some that have appliqué embroidery on the same fabric and are very elegant. You can also wear a top with a midi skirt in this material.
You will be gorgeous and you will fight the heat. Finish off the look with high strappy sandals. The good thing about this type of dress is that you can later reuse it by giving it another ‘roll’, for example, with a black leather biker jacket. You dare?